The next TCVMA Meeting will be held in February 2021.
The meeting topic will be “Insulin Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus: Update on Monitoring in Dogs and Cats” (2 CE Credits), graciously sponsored by Boehringer-Ingelheim! Please be on the lookout for the official meeting date announcement in January. See you all soon!
The Treasure Coast Veterinary Medical Association is excited to share that our in-person meetings are returning for the 2020-2021 season!
As you can expect, our meetings will look a little different now and our attendance process for this season has changed due to COVID-19 protocols.
- This season, no membership dues are required (It’s FREE!) and the requirement to become a member will be to sign and return the Liability Waiver (located here). Signing the waiver will ensure your membership and give you the ability to request to attend the meetings throughout the season as they are announced.
- The meetings will occur periodically (always on a Wednesday evening) at Pelican Yacht Club. Please be sure to look out for the TCVMA meeting notices via e-mail.
- You will receive CE Credit and a fabulous Pelican Yacht Club Dinner**
- Attendance will be strictly limited for each meeting. Seating will be limited to (44) doctors (doctors ONLY, no guests or spouses are permitted) on a first come, first serve basis. The waiver must be signed and on file, confirming your membership, before you can request to attend a meeting.
- Enhanced safety procedures and social distancing will be in place.
- Due to the limited attendance maximum of (44) doctors during each meeting, all members will unfortunately not be able to attend every meeting. This is why we are waiving the membership fee for this season of TCVMA meetings.
- Seating will be socially distanced, with only (4) doctors seated at each “8 top” table.
- A Safespace digital monitor will be placed at the meeting entrance and will check each attendee’s temperature and verify that they are wearing a mask when they arrive.
- All attendees must wear a mask for the duration of the meeting (except when eating or drinking). All staff and servers at The Pelican Yacht Club will wear masks throughout the duration of the event.
- Attire will be Business Casual and as always, NO SCRUBS are permitted to be worn inside The Pelican Yacht Club.
- **COVID-19 protocol prohibits serving a buffet meal at this time. A pre-selected plated meal will be provided (including a salad, meat entree, starch, vegetable, dessert, water and coffee). Unfortunately, there will be NO substitutions or individual orders. There will be a Cash Bar offered as usual.
- The REQUIRED waiver can be accessed here. Once you have returned the signed waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org you will officially be a member of the TCVMA for the season and you will be eligible to REQUEST to attend the meetings as they are announced.
- We will announce each meeting via e-mail through Constant Contact. ONLY the FIRST (44) eligible doctors requesting entry to a meeting (doctors only, no guests or spouses are permitted) will be permitted to attend. Doctors must respond INDIVIDUALLY (NOT in groups/or by offices) to the constant contact e-mail, for that individual meeting.
- We will notify you individually if you make the list for each meeting and we will also notify you if you do not make the list.
- Anyone arriving at the door who is not on the list will not be allowed into the meeting and there will be no exceptions, in order to ensure adherence to appropriate social distancing.
If you have any questions please contact Deena Romero at email@example.com. Thank you for being a part of TCVMA, and please know we look forward to seeing each of you very soon! Stay Well!